Get blog tips fromhttp://www.PlatformUniversity.comfounder and NY Times Best-Selling author, Michael Hyatt as he shares the top blogging mistakes he made, how to avoid making them yourself and blogging tips for building a more loyal following in much less time.
25 Free Tips for Marketing your Blog
Post by : Juan Carlos Sanchez
With so many blogs being created every day, it’s a mystery to many bloggers how to make their blog stand out. It’s simple. People want to read good content, and with good content comes ad revenue. Well, maybe it’s not that easy… We’ve finally unleashed the secrets of successful blog marketing. Do note that these are not guaranteed to increase your click-through ratios and they will not bring good karma to you or your ads.. If only.. Nonetheless, these tips should benefit your blog and make it more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are many types of blogs or purposes for blogs and a certain number of tactics are applicable to just about all of them, so here is a -short- list of tips for marketing and optimizing a blog:
1. Decide on a stand alone domain name www.myblog.com or directory of existing site www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an option blog.mysite.com. Avoid hosted services that do not allow you to use your own domain name! 2. Obtain and install customizable blog software – WordPress and Moveable Type are my favorites. 3. Customize blog look and feel templates – aka design. 4. Research keywords and develop a glossary – Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint,SEOBook Keyword Research. 5. Optimize the blog: * Template optimization – RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap * Add helper plugins specific to WordPress or MT * Create keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary) 6. Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality. 7. Create Feedburner Pro account and enable feed tracking. 8. Setup Google acount for Sitemap, validate and prep for future submission. 9. Identify authoritative blogs, web sites and hubs for outbound resource links and blogroll. 10. Format archived posts, related posts. 11. Enable statistics for tracking – Performancing, Google Analytics, ClickTracks. 12. Submit RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories / search engines. 13. Engage in an ongoing link building campaign. 14. If podcast or video content are available, submit to Podcast and Vlog directories. 15. Submit blog url to paid directories with categories for blogs – Yahoo, BOTW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt. 16. Optimize and distribute a press release announcing blog. 17. Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. If you have a resourceful post that will help others, point to it. 18. Research and comment on relevant industry related blogs and blogs with significant centers of influence. 19. Post regularly. If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times per week, but each post must be unique and high value. 20. Monitor inbound links, traffic, comments and mentions of your blog – Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Yahoo News, Ask Blogs and Feeds. 21. Always respond to comments on your blog and when you detect a mention of your blog on another blog, thank that blogger in the comments of the post. 22. Make contact with related bloggers on AND offline if possible. 23. When making blog posts always cite the source with a link and don’t be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you’ve made. 24. Use social networking services, forums and discussion threads to connect with other bloggers. If they like your stuff, they will link to you. 25. Remember when web sites were a new concept and the sage advice to print your web address everywhere you print your phone number? The same advice applies for your blog.
Learn how to start a blog step by step with WordPress.
This step by step WordPress blog tutorial will explain the difference between a blog and a website and will show you how to create a blog properly so you can ultimately create a blog business and get paid for your passions! Learn how to start a blog and make money through your ideas.. passions.. services!
5 Reasons Why Blogging is the New Internet Marketing Tool
Post by : Juan Carlos Sanchez
Do you ever feel like you know just enough about Blogging to be dangerous? Let’s see if we can fill in some of the gaps with the latest info from Blogging experts.
Blogging is a concept that started in late 90s. It used to be a way to comment an existing webpage, an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out one’s opinion on the said page. What started as a single-sentence commentary has evolved into pages of personal take on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blog’s potential. Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
1.Blogging is simple. The simplest way to get your piece on the net is through blogging. No skills are necessary… an average adult can read and type, or at least click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, experiences, new products, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and entice your reader to also try your product. If you have a PC and an Internet connection (who doesn’t?) then you can blog and advertise.
2. Blogging is authentic. In this day and age where advertising saturate our lives, we question the credibility of promoters’ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their real-life experiences, unscathed by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first-hand product use is like talking to people about their first-hand experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
3. Blogging is free. Because blogging is yet to be proven as a mainstream online advertising media, most sites see it as something to augment current marketing tools and thus offer it for free. Any opportunity for free webtime is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are starting up. Needless to say, paid blog pages can generate more income for your seriously growing business.
4. Blogging builds credibility. As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular product or industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. As such, you become an expert on it; as a consequence, more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies and professional organizations notice the growth of your readership base, they may soon get in touch with you for advertising on your blog page, or make you an affiliate, which pays for every referral generated from your blog site.
5. Blogging builds your market. Unless you are a Hollywood star, chances are, only your Mom reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog site is. But you need not depend on Mom to increase your readership base. Look into the following ways to build your market through blogging:
Knowledge can give you a real advantage. To make sure you’re fully informed about Blogging, keep reading.
-By using your e-mail. Today, blogging is overcoming the e-mail’s popularity in quickly and effectively reaching and expanding a market. In this age of speed and quick access, logging in and downloading e-mail is simply taking longer than clicking into a blog site. Let them explore your site by using a short e-mail message as teaser to your blog site. If your e-mail is on an entirely different subject, use your e-mail signature to give a link to the site.
-By using subscription. An easy way to get your readers e-mail is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blogsite. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their e-mail address. Just be responsible in using their e-mail address, as the last thing you want is a comment on your blog that you are a spammer.
-By understanding your readers. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared. In this way, it is like interviewing your readers without the commitment and intrusion of a face-to-face interview.
-By joining a blog network –A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the same industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, etc. Consumers find credibility and convenience in clicking one link to several real bloggers about a single subject. Clearly, more bloggers are better than one.
-By using RSS. RSS is the fastest growing technology on the Internet today. As such, having RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readership base. Having a variety of feeds can add interest to your blog site.
Give your business a boost by effectively using blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
When word gets around about your command of Blogging facts, others who need to know about Blogging will start to actively seek you out. http://www.article-ecommerce.com/
5 Reasons Why Blogging is the New Internet Marketing Tool
REGISTRATE EN MI COMUNIDAD EMPRENDER CON EXITO COMO NETWORKER Y LLEVATE 9 SOFTWARES
Utilizamos Cookies propias y de terceros para realizar el análisis de la navegación de los usuarios, mejorar nuestros servicios y mostrarle publicidad relacionada con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus hábitos de navegación. Si continúa navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración u obtener más información dando Clic en Política de Privacidad o en Política de CookiesEstoy de acuerdoNoPolítica de privacidad